Sunday, October 24, 2010

Who knew?

When I wrote my last post, I had no thought - NONE - that I would be the owner of a new puppy today. It certainly was not in my plans.

Our four-year old grand daughter came for a weekend visit. One of her usual 'must do' agenda items includes a trip to the pet store to see the fish, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, mice, snakes, hermit crabs, and of course, puppies. After dinner at her favorite Mexican restaurant and a quick trip to Target, we headed home, but she quickly reminded us about our promised visit to the pet store.

Needless to say, we feel in love - not with a hermit crab. Ironically, our grand daughter wanted a gold fish. My husband and I both knew we had found the only dog that could possibly fill the void left in our hearts by the loss of our seventeen-year old golden retriever, Elliott.  After more than a year without a dog, we had decided life was easier without a pet to worry with.

We left the store without a puppy or gold fish. However, within a few hours - only forty-five minutes before the store closed, my husband had returned to purchase our puppy.

He makes us smile.








Remy - our eight-week old 'cream' golden retriever. He's going to be a BIG boy when he's grown.

9 comments:

  1. Awww, he looks like a sweetie! Nothing like having a puppy around the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! He'll be well loved I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute,make many happy moments with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. * CONGRATS are in order to you, hubby AND your precious new "huntin' dawg", "Remy"!!! I think ALL of you have been BLESSED!!!

    Your heartache of losing Elliot is felt deeply by me, "the biggest animal lover (ESPECIALLY dogs) on earth", is what everyone says... Of course, have "been there, done that" too, and the ache for him will never TRULY "go away", but as you know, SOMEDAY, it will be softened not only by the memories of your precious, special times with him, but also with having delightful, young & growing Remy by your side, to remind you of all that extra love we are blessed with, to share with yet another loving being... (I'm told by all, including our Vet, that Belle is SOOOOO LUCKY to have us, but I/WE feel BLESSED that WE have HER! You probably felt/feel the same, I would assume~)...

    ENJOY the fun n' silly (& yessireebob, sometimes SOOOO frustrating!)"PUPPYDOM" days! You KNOW the chewing (don't forget to check the legs on any wooden chairs before sitting down~ That's the "voice of experience" here!), the potty-training, etc will pass~~~ "sooner or later" it HAS to (grins!)~~~ and you will be SOOOOOO in love with REMY!!!

    Warmest wishes to you all,
    Linda in AZ *
    bellesmom1234@comcast.net
    (BTW: My husband's retiring in mid Dec, & we're getting Belle a "sister".... oh yes, I KNOW what's ahead, so I/we plan to enjoy the "peace" with 7 year old, "TOP DAWG/PRINCESS BELLE" for now... we'll handle the "puppy stuff" "LATER"!!! Smiles!!!)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet puppy you have found! Lots of love all over those photos! :) Great post~blessings
    deborah
    {thewhitechair}

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly gorgeous new addition to your home Rita! I loved Linda's comment - you never forget the one's you've lost, you just find some extra love for a new little face.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Remy is just ADORABLE!!!!! How lovely!!!! I love the name too.

    Remy has definitely found himself a wonderful home....lucky you too :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!