Friday, October 8, 2010

A Perfect Day

  • Breakfast with my three grand daughters.
  • Group hugs and kisses as we sent the oldest off to kindergarten - we really wanted her to stay home with us.
  • Cartoons, 'Match' game, and puzzles.
  • Picnic lunch in the tent.
  • Nap time for one, and coloring and story time with the four-year old.
  • One last splash in the pool - the cover goes on next week.
  • Warm showers and lounging in terry robes while drinking hot cocoa.
I've taken them home, and I'm trying to get the house back in order - stray hair bows, laundry, dishes.  All part of a perfect day.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Rita
    Sounds like a beautiful way to spend the last warm days of summer... and that tent is just delightful... how sweet to spend some time there..

    Our spring is half way through but is having trouble remembering to bring the sunshine... just like my internet... I've been a bad blogger since I moved with little to no internet... hopefully me and the internet will improve.. hehehe

    Have a lovely weekend and thanks for popping over... xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does indeed sound like the perfect day Rita :)

    I know what you mean about kindergarten....my son only just started full-time school a few weeks ago, he was home this week with a cold and I loved having him here :)

    Have a lovely week-end :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping them, I know they can be a handful, but I'm glad you can see the sunshine amongst the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. * You are SOOOOO blessed, Rita! It's obvious that EVERYONE had a DELIGHTFUL, FUN & LOVING day together as a family... yes, you are blessed, indeed!

    Warmest,
    Linda in AZ *
    bellesmom1234@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita - ahhh those perfect days....they are the best. I find stray hair bows everywhere in my house - what does that say??!! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i bet it was the perfect day for them, too!
    if i could have spent every day with my
    grandmother, i would have been ecstatic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds so fun... nothing better than a wonderful family and lots of love... xx

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!