Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Extreme Makeover

How many times have I passed an old dilapidated house and thought of the possibilities? Many!  Not only do I think about what it could become, but I always wonder about the house when it was a 'home' - full of life and memories for a family.

A young couple (new baby young), in Jefferson, New York were brave enough to take on the extreme makeover of this 106 year-old farmhouse. Once a chicken farm, it had been well-worn. The last renovation had reconfigured the 6000 square foot structure into six apartments, but it had been setting empty and neglected for 25 years when the couple decided to make it their home.  Their bravery and vision are amazing.





































Country Living

11 comments:

  1. Wow - that is so heavenly!!!!! Such vision!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makeover is so impressive. What a fantastic and terrifyingly huge project. Well done to the young couple.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring post ,thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! What a brave young couple to envision turning an ugly duckling into a beauty! I love projects like this - makes my heart race with excitement.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fantastic renovation. What a huge job but an excellent result. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Rita,
    What a beautiful renovation. A real labour of love and a wonderful result. There was an awful lot to do there but, with lots of hard work, they have achieved their dream and deserve to live in such a wonderful home. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. * Just "discovered" your blog, and liked it sooo much that I did alot of backreading~~~ and I liked it even more!!!

    Coming here is like a breath of FRESH AIR, and I sincerely THANK YOU... Yes, i WILL BE BACK!

    Blessings,
    Linda in AZ *
    bellesmom1234@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic makeover!! I'd never have the patience to do anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rita, this is an incredible transformation! And those lath & plaster walls - so much work there. I hope you are enjoying your warm Summer days my dear & relaxing as much as you can.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always amazed me that someone can take a home like this and bring it back to life and such beauty, amazing,Kathysue

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!