Thursday, June 24, 2010

Taking Time Out

I refocused my life based on making family and friends my priority. Somehow, every now and then, I find myself back in my old life - spinning plates, peddling faster than my wheels can turn, balancing a chair on my forehead while tap dancing. It's so easy to allow old habits to creep back in, forgetting to put the important things in life first, rather than last. So, I'm taking a timeout and putting a few things on hold in order to enjoy family and friends - keeping my promise to myself to live a life that allows me to take time to celebrate the simple joys and blessings in my life.

I'll be back in July. I hope to see then.  Rita

11 comments:

  1. You deserve a time-out, enjoy your family and life, the way we all should! You will be missed but we, your friends, will all be here waiting for you when you are ready to return.
    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time out.Its necessary to remind ourselves of our priorities in life~family first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rita,
    Wishing you lots of happy times with your friends and family. It's really important to spend some quality time with your nearest and dearest and those close to you.
    .......... I would like to be a fly on the wall when you are balancing that chair on your head and tap dancing !!!! hehe
    Have fun and enjoy. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be waiting,have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you Rita for having the insight to rein things in & return to your original promise. See you soon!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time out's are so necessary...enjoy every minute Rita!

    Jeanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy your sabbatical, and i pray your relationships
    will be enriched by it.

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rita,
    Have a good rest,the best to you.
    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll be here when you get back Rita :-) Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are having a wonderful break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear friend Rita, Like I have told you, your blog is my "take me away" moment in my crazy work life. I'll be checking back again when I return to work the end of July. Thanks for helping stay sane while giving me great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!