Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Trip To The Farm

I love the tissue-paper blooms and sweet aroma created by a vase of peonies. Now just image what it would be like to stand in a three-acre field of blooming peonies. I got to do just that last week when I visited Chotkowski's in Fayetteville, Arkansas.  It was fascinating to see the different varieties, each with it's own unique color, bloom shape, and scent. After wondering around the plot, I selected and purchased a plant variety 'Buttercup' that I thought would be a nice addition to my existing plants.

It was a fun way to spend an afternoon. I'm sharing a few of my photos - it's just too bad that I can't share the sweet scents of the beautiful blooms with you. Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend.
















 
Keep your eyes open for God, watch for his works; be alert for signs of his presence.
Psalm 105:4 The Message

Images - mine

6 comments:

  1. What gorgeous blooms! Thanks for sharing them with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blooms! Thank you for visiting me. Have a lovely weekend. xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous Rita
    Peonies are my favourite and being amongst a farm full of these lovelies must have been divine indeed... I recently read an article about a peony farm here in australia.. so beautiful... this lovely post has reminded me to search it out for another look.. xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rita,
    Well, I love peonies as well. We have a few in our garden but, not enough to cut and bring indoors. This farm looks amazing. It must have been lovely to visit. I am also loving the wisteria that is out everywhere here.It seems to be especially good this year. We will have to wait awhile for the peonies to bloom.
    Have a lovely weekend, Rita. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think when we have a sudden thought about something completely off-topic, we're receiving messages. It took me a long time to realize these were Divine, but now I know they are. My grandmother, Mom-Mom, told me no matter where I went to "leave a good ripple." You're doing exactly that, precious Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peonies are my favorite flower! Thanks for sharing these lovely photos and thanks for your sweet comments. xo

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!