Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A ReaL Lesson On Forgiving

I have a catch-all bowl on my kitchen cabinet where I stash all the things that would otherwise collect 'on' my cabinets - things I want to keep and file later, invitations, mail to be read, post-its, pens, etc. For whatever reason a piece of paper caught my eye this morning and reminded me that I had intended to use it for a post several weeks ago.  It's not something that makes me smile, but it is a blessing to my heart.



"O Lord, remember not only the men and woman 
of good will, but also those of ill will.  
But do not remember all the suffering they 
have inflicted upon us. 
Instead, remember the fruits we have borne 
because of this suffering - our fellowship, 
our loyalty to one another, our humility, 
our courage, our generosity, 
the greatness of heart that has grown 
from this trouble. 
When our persecutors come to be judged by you, 
let all of these fruits that we have borne 
be their forgiveness." 


Author Unknown - Reportedly found in a child's coat pocket         
at Ravenbruck Concentration Camp

14 comments:

  1. A remarkable post. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. to think what that child had suffered and still retained
    the grace to forgive. makes me ashamed.

    but thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I almost don't know where to begin but I must say, from God's wisdom to your heart to your blog. This is exactly an affirmation I needed in my life today. Struggling a little with the forgiveness issue and this nails it on the head for me. God bless you for writing this, it truly was a special message to me. Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend Kathysue brought me over just to read this post. Thank you so much for sharing this gift of wisdom with us! I love the title of your blog and the About Me. So grateful to Kathysue for bringing me here and I look forward to getting to know you through your blog:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rita,
    I always think that, if we need to forgive someone, it's usually because that person has issues and because of these issues, whatever they are, they have done or said something and need to be forgiven....which, for me, makes it easy.
    Not explained very well but, I think you will know what I mean !! I can see why you kept that piece of paper. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful words to live by Rita
    Lea's comment is so true.. I think I will save this saying and put it somewhere prominent.... Have a lovely day.. xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. rita, I see my friend Terri came by. I must tell you I have shared this with others. It is such a thought provoking truth. Thank you again for writing this. You might not have known it at the time, but you were being used of God in a beautiful way, Happy Thursday, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  8. If only our anguised hearts & minds could see clearly...

    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Rita
    A big and generous heart. It would be wonderful that many persons were feeling this way.
    Big hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful container for your little pieces! And what a beautiful poem. I happend to hear it on the radio yesterday. ANd now I see it on your post. I think I'll write this down and save it.
    Thanks for posting this touching sentiment.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there dear one! How are you? You come and get yourself a pedicure chez moi anytime....I am trying to organize my next post, but my own photographs are so poor!!! Oh well, do come by to see how my husband and I started to take this little house and have made it into a charming little cottage that we call home. Come by this weekend if you can.

    Enjoy yourself! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm grateful to learn the art of forgiveness but have not mastered yet.
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a lovely poem, it touches your heart and hopefully stays in your mind forever. Thank you so much! The wisdom of children is amazing, isn't it? thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just came across your blog and WOW! I can't tell you how much that quote applied to my life lately! Thank you so much for the refocus I really needed :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!