Monday, February 15, 2010

Night Lights





Did you ever wish you could live in one of those high-rise penthouses with a terrace view overlooking some beautiful city? The reality of life is that many of the dreams and fantasies we have are just that...things and places that are not possibilities in our life. However, as the eternal optimist and one who takes the old adage
about 'having a will/finding a way' as a challenge, I believe that almost any dream can come true...even if it's only for a few moments. With that said, I now share how I fulfill my "I always wanted to live in a high-rise with a skyline view" dream/fantasy.

Anytime I stay in a hotel, I ask for a room with a view of the city skyline. In making this request, I've discovered two things; 1) getting a room with a fabulous view of the city skyline doesn't always include an upgrade charge, but if it does, it's worth it, and 2) at night, almost every city  - big or small - has a beautiful, view-worthy skyline. For a few brief hours or a few nights, turning the lights out, throwing the curtain wide open, and going to sleep pretending I live in a beautiful high-rise with a fabulous view of the city allows me to live a dream. In a very small way, I get to do something that otherwise would be impossible. These special nights are perfect moments in my life that I cherish and treasure...they make me smile.
These make me smile.

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea...those views are to die for.
    I'm not very likely to afford a penthouse overlooking the Thames so it's the Hotel room with a view for me from now on !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic views. I have stayed in some hotels with wonderful views. I think it's just as important as the room itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful views...love the city lights!

    Enjoy!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita - I love that you do this...nothing wrong with living your dream in whatever way suits you best...this way you get the great views, photos to look at your beautiful city skylines but without the permanent vertigo! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous photos of incredible views!

    another pleasure of a high rise room is less
    traffic noise!

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. These images are beautiful Rita....I love city skylines too, I know just what you mean.

    I saw a film once with a hotel bathroom in NYC that overlooked the whole city, it might have been the Four Seasons, I've never forgotten it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!