Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy 101 - I am Thrilled!

Oh, how I remember receiving my first real 'comment' for a blog post.  I couldn't believe it!  Someone liked me, or at least something on my post. As silly as it sounds, I was excited, thrilled, validated.  I am so grateful to those who have continued to thrill me everyday with kind, witty, and amusing words.

When I began blogging, I had no knowledge of blog awards, and therefore had no anticipation of receiving one.  I admit that I did understand the concept of having followers, and I did anticipate at least two - my daughters.

I can now say, gratefully and humbly, that I have more than two followers, and I was just given my second blog award.  My first, The Kreative Blogger Award, for which I had already sent my thank you note to  sweet Cori and posted my list. This week, my dear friend Simone @ Bottom Of The Ironing Basket has presented me with the Happy 101 Award, for which I am extremely honored.  A personal thank you was sent immediately to Simone, but it has taken me a couple of days to narrow my list of ten things that make me happy and bring joy to my life. Here's the short list - Happy 101:


1. Family and friends. I've been blessed with the best in both areas.  A wonderful husband, two daughters, one son-in-law and one soon-to-be, and three precious granddaughters.



2. My faith. - Faith that has strengthened me and sustained me. Faith that taught me to
look for the simple joys and blessings in each day.



3. Laughter - Thigh-slapping, brings-tears-to-my-eyes, laugh-out-loud. I am not known for laughing - I'm just not a person who laughs or cries.  Oh, I do love the feeling of a good laugh.




4. My granddaughters - Baking cookies, building sandcastles, movies, tea parties, playing games, swimming,  shopping...just being with them.  I think they are destined for careers in fashion.




5. Make-up counters - Lipstick, creams, lotions, potions, serums, scents.....for hours I'm happy.




6. The beach -  I can just close my eyes and feel the sun sucking the stress and worries right out of my body, and the sound of the birds, waves, grandchildren playing, husband right beside me = very happy.



7. Girlfriends - If you have them, you know what I mean. I can't imagine life without them.We've traveled together, laughed and cried together, supported each other through the good and the bad times, celebrated births, birthdays, anniversaries, divorces, career promotions, career retirements...we hope to
grow old together. Happy!



8. My backyard and flowers - It is always a work in progress. I love digging, feeding, weeding, clipping, snipping.  Yard work is my insatiable passion. This is a photo of my Blushing Bride hydrangeas.



9. Cake - Celebrating requires cake. It makes me happy to celebrate the big things in life, but more importantly, I'm all about celebrating those magical, perfect moments that happen in everyday life.



10. Wonderful smells - Freshly baked bread, movie popcorn, freshly cut grass, my mother's kitchen on Thanksgiving morning, babies, good perfume, puppy breath, fresh flowers,

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your awards! And thank you for bestowing the Kreative Blogger award on me - I'm quite honored and will need to come up with some items to share. What to post? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rita, I LOVED reading this, it was absolutely beautiful, such lovely photos.

    How wonderful to have not one but three precious granddaughters :)

    Hydrangeas are my favourite flowers, yours look amazing.

    Lovely to get to know you a little more....and I just what you mean about comments and followers, it's wonderful every day to wake up and see comments, it never ceases to amaze me :)

    Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Rita - I am so touched to be on your list of nominations (and a bit scared actually as I'm not sure how these things work but I think I'm about to find out!!!) Thank you so very much! I really enjoyed reading your lists - now I have to put my thinking cap on and come up with some of my own! You are so sweet....thank you again....Love Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Blushing Bride picture! Share it with us on Facebook! Facebook.com/endless.summer.hydrangeas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Rita, so many more wonderful things about you and congratulations on your second award...well deserved!
    Jeanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour Rita,
    Congratulations - this is so well deserved, your blog is such a pleasure to visit. Loved your list, your granddaughters are so lucky to have you for a grandmother.
    I agree about the blog world, I never expected it to be like this, so many wonderful new friends and I felt the same about my first follower and comments - I was shocked anyone would even be interested!
    Enjoy a fabulous award day Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award. I am so glad to find your blog. I love your list of happy things. So many are the same for me for sure.

    Thank you so much for visiting Ragland Hill Social earlier in the week. I really appreciate your visit and I just love all my blog friends. I can't imagine my life without this world now.

    Have a great day!

    Talk soon.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aloha Rita,
    I breezed along through your post and it was cozy with a touch of warmth and delicious sentiment...I enjoyed it completely, you've got style kiddo, Congrats on your awards, the universe of blogging is a magical place and there seems to be a wealth of loveliness in it...I'm so happy to be a part of it
    All my Aloha
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your well deserved awards Rita! You are a wonderful friend to all bloggers. Thank you!

    Have a blessed weekend. ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love those hydrangeas... i wish i could plant them in my house in Miami but it's hard in here because of the weather... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Rita - just like your beautiful blog, your list is awesome, it made me smile & it made me a little teary! Thank you for the honour, if my list is half as good as yours, I'll be one happy girl.
    Millie ^_

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!