While on my winter hiatus, I received the Kreative Blogger Award from the very sweet Cori at Starview Sonnet http://starviewsonnet.blogspot.com/. Cori is a very talented crafter. Her Christmas trees were full of adorable ornaments she had made. This was a big surprise and a wonderful honor. I continue to be amazed at the idea of 'virtual' friends. I am extremely humbled and grateful to Cori. I think everyone who has created a blog and stayed with it should get this award. If you are reading this, consider yourself awarded!
The requirement is to share seven things about yourself others may not know -
1. I learned to drive on an old farm tractor when I was thirteen.
2. I have two wonderful older brothers. But, it's wasn't so wonderful when I started dating and they assigned themselves as my body guards.
3. Although I once spent a week in the hospital due to a spider bite, I fear walking sticks more than spiders. They are fairly harmless, but I think they are just creepy - like snakes.
4 I've had rabies shots. The result of an unfortunate incident with a very sick kitten.
5. I can honestly say I love teenagers. I taught for fifteen years and was a high school principal for fifteen years. I could write a book about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Ironically, adults caused me more headaches than teenagers.
6. I love to walk through garden nurseries and challenge myself to name every flower/plant I see. Just the common names....I'm a gardener, not a botanist.
7. I went through 'clinical' hypnosis in order to get over morning (all day) sickness when I was pregnant. Yes...it did work, and I highly recommend it.
Now here's what I do:Thank the person who nominated me for the award
Copy the logo and place it on my blog
Link to the person who nominated me
List 7 things people may not know about me
Nominate 7 creative bloggers
Post their links
Leave a comment on each
Simone at The Bottom of the Ironing Basket
Jeanne at Collage of Life
Susie at The Mill House
Tanya at The Sunday Baker
Rory at Princess Escapades
Cathy at Mille Fleur
JMW at A Place To Dwell