Monday, January 4, 2010

An Award

While on my winter hiatus, I received the Kreative Blogger Award from the very sweet Cori at Starview Sonnet http://starviewsonnet.blogspot.com/. Cori is a very talented crafter. Her Christmas trees were full of adorable ornaments she had made. This was a big surprise and a wonderful honor. I continue to be amazed at the idea of 'virtual' friends. I am extremely humbled and grateful to Cori. I think everyone who has created a blog and stayed with it should get this award. If you are reading this, consider yourself awarded!


The requirement is to share seven things about yourself others may not know -


1. I learned to drive on an old farm tractor when I was thirteen.


2. I have two wonderful older brothers. But, it's wasn't so wonderful when I started dating and they assigned themselves as my body guards.

3. Although I once spent a week in the hospital due to a spider bite, I fear walking sticks more than spiders. They are fairly harmless, but I think they are just creepy - like snakes.


4 I've had rabies shots. The result of an unfortunate incident with a very sick kitten.


5. I can honestly say I love teenagers. I taught for fifteen years and was a high school principal for fifteen years. I could write a book about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Ironically, adults caused me more headaches than teenagers.


6. I love to walk through garden nurseries and challenge myself to name every flower/plant I see. Just the common names....I'm a gardener, not a botanist.


7. I went through 'clinical' hypnosis in order to get over morning (all day) sickness when I was pregnant. Yes...it did work, and I highly recommend it.

Now here's what I do:

Thank the person who nominated me for the award 
Copy the logo and place it on my blog
Link to the person who nominated me
List 7 things people may not know about me
Nominate 7 creative bloggers
Post their links
Leave a comment on each

Simone at The Bottom of the Ironing Basket
Jeanne at Collage of Life

Susie at The Mill House

Tanya at The Sunday Baker
Rory at Princess Escapades 
Cathy at Mille Fleur
JMW at A Place To Dwell


3 comments:

  1. Bonjour Rita,
    COngratulations on your well deserved award. Loved your list - #6 is great, I too think adults give you more headaches than kids.
    Hope your enjoying a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita..You have made me smile! First, congratulations on your award. I loved reading your list and discovering more about you. I am very intrigued by your time spent as a Principal. Sounds like there could be a book in that one! You are so so kind to nominate me, I am touched. It was such a nice surprise to pop on my iphone (a recent luxury to be able to turn it on while I am still in bed) and read your note. It made the impending snowstorm spreading across England much easier to cope with! I will follow your instructions as suggested in your email. Once again, a bit thanks, from the bottom of my heart!
    Jeanne
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, thank you so much Rita, how lovely :)

    I loved reading more about you :)

    I did not know that you were a teacher or a Principal, how fascinating. I have 2 younger brothers and always wished I was the youngest, it was hard being responsible for two little scamps!!

    And how fun to be able to say that you learned to drive on an old tractor! My husband did the same thing on his summer hols in Italy - when we visited Italy this summer, what should we find in an old barn but that old tractor - he was thrilled - and a little misty-eyed I suspect.

    You are most welcome for the Happy 101 award that I gave you. It is always a pleasure to visit your blog, you have such a lovely way about you and the things you write about - thank you.

    Have a lovely day,
    Simone :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!