Saturday, December 19, 2009

Annual Trip To Westwood



Last week I made my annual trip to one of my favorite places - Westwood Gardens in northwest Arkansas. As you can see, they have almost every color and variety of poinsettia grown.

















It's fun to see what's being planted for spring. The first plantings of geraniums were almost ready to transplant into display baskets.
Along with the larger plants, I like to
purchase a few of the small 4" pots for
arrangements that I can place around my house. I add sprigs of greenery and berries from my backyard plants.


Although I've never used my plants as cut flowers, Southern Living offers some great ideas. An important step - the tips must be seared immediately after cutting to keep the sap in the stem.




Images
Mine
Southern Living

7 comments:

  1. Bonjour Rita!
    What beautiful poinsettias, the verigated and the white ones are are special treat to see.
    Your pictures are so clear - could I have your permission to use photo #6 and #13 with the silver pots on my blog? I will be sure to credit your blog. I'll wait for your answer before I do anything.
    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes these photos made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some of the lovliest poinsettias I have seen in a very long time. The varigated ones are stunning.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh Rita!

    Your photos are lovely... I too find the varigated variety so unique. I cannot say that I have seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! I am in love with the varigated poinsettia!!!

    Thanks so much for your kind words!!! You are a true friend!!!

    Merry Merry!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am charmed with the poinsettias ... there is no Christmas without them in my house.
    Your very nice photos, I like specially the white ones.

    I wish you a few happy days of Christmas close to your family,

    DMV

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is genius in the simple and magic in the subtle variety here. You have a good eye and I'll be sure to call from time to time.
    Warmest regards,
    Simone.

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!