Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Absent With Purpose


After retiring from a stressful, thirty-year career, I intentionally re-purposed and refocused my life based on making family and friends my priority, and living a life that celebrated the joy and blessings of the special moments in life. In keeping with that promise, I have spent the last month celebrating several special events.

I apologize for my absence, but I thoroughly enjoyed the time away. Dinners, brunches, and parties celebrating my youngest daughter's 30th birthday and engagement, my youngest grand daughter's Baptism, and other special events with friends and my church family. If these events weren't enough for one month, I've had the interior of my house painted. Most of my furniture is still waiting to move back into my house.

Starting next week, I think my life will be back to normal - just in time to start celebrating the Thanksgiving holidays and Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Lucky you, what a lovely time you have had....lots of wonderful family events....congratulations!

    Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful occasions to celebrate! Congrats on all of the good news in your family. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were missed, but as I said in the beginning of our virtual friendship, I have the highest regard for the way you have re-invented your life.

    And it does sound like a beautiful life.

    As Simone says, lucky you and good for you.

    All the best always,
    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time away, it sounds like wonderful time well spent!

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!