Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's that time again....


It's Thursday, which means it time to post something for Kelly's Korner "Show Us Your Life." I don't own a scanner, so I can't show my wedding reception, although I wish I could. I find it amazing that my taste and ideas from thirty-four years ago still hold true today as classics. I cherish the fact that my daughter's reception was held at the very same country club and in


the same room where I had had my wedding reception thirty years earlier.










Since I worked closely with the two men who coordinated my daughter's wedding and reception, I thought I'd just show a few of her pictures. Her candlelight ceremony was held at 8:00PM, so she had a chocolate and champagne reception. I think there were over thirty different trays and stands of desserts, chocolates, fresh fruits, tarts, pastries, etc., and three silver urns of flavored coffees. Mixed in with the sweets were a few trays of savory cheeses and canapes, a wine selection, carafes of lemonade iced tea, and raspberry sparkling water. The pastry chef was wonderful to work with. He included an old family recipe, and one of our favorite dessert as one of the desserts - Bananas Foster Cheesecake.











A toast from the proud father. Cheers from the sister.
























The wedding cake was white with a bavarian cream filling.


The bride's cake was white with amaretto mouse filling, and the groom's was chocolate with raspberry filling...his has chocolate twigs and fresh raspberries on top.




















5 comments:

  1. You did such a good job of planning this...I know it was 28 years in the making! Thanks, Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cakes!! What a great idea to do a chocolate and champagne reception, now I'm really hoping someone I know does this so I can attend! Those desserts look amazing! Your daughter is just beautiful :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That is so special that you and your daughter were married at the same place, in the same room just thirty years apart. Thanks for visity and join the Giveaway. Go to http://marianneshouseofshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter had a beautiful reception! You did a wonderful job helping her plan it!!! I loved the cakes!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous! Your daughter is beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!