Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Red Lipstick Harper's Bazaar Part II





Love it, can't wear it. See Part I Below

Part II It's Back! Harper's Bazaar says red lipstick was "rampant" on the fall 2009 runway...that little word combo sent me into a 'here I go again' frenzy. If you have a favorite...please share!




Part I Posted July 8, 2009 Red Lipstick - Love it, can't wear it.

When it comes to lipstick, is there anything more classic or iconic than red? Some of the most beautiful women in Hollywood history have set fashion trends by simply stepping out of their limousine or onto the red carpet with perfectly painted red lips. It only takes one starlet or supermodel to start the ball rolling and send millions of women scurrying to drugstores and Clinique counters to begin the tedious search for red lipstick.


Finding the exact shade is key to looking amazing... or resembling a circus clown. Try as they may, sales representative at the make-up counter will never convince me that I can wear red on my lips. I've tried the blue-based shades, and the red-orange tints. Each time I leave the store feeling like I look like a cross between Cruella De Ville and Lucille Ball. Walking away from the make-up counter and trying to present a confident, "I like how I look" image, while going straight to the nearest ladies room, is nothing compared to hiding in a stall and attempting to get the darn stuff off with toilet paper....only to leave the store and head straight to my car with a puffy strained mouth.


I have a friend that would look undressed if she didn't have on red lipstick. She was born to wear

red lipstick. Not only does she have the perfect hue of red for her skin/hair type, but she somehow finds the perfect gloss to accentuate her look of total sophistication. She, along
ith the latest fashion reports that declare "old Hollywood glamour is back - red lips are in," inspire me to continue to look for that just-right shade of red lipstick. I'd settle for a lip pencil in the red palette that could be glossed over to give the suggestion of red lips. No luck with that idea either.


Berry, Merlot, Bourdeau, Real Red,
Strawberry Daiquiri, Rocket, Cherry,
Ruby, Fury, Fire, Candy Apple, Watermelon, Scarlet, Rouge, Crimson, Russet, Raspberry, Red Hot, Chili Pepper, Hot Lips, Flame,
Fire Engine, Cayenne...I'm still searching.




Here's to Deborah and her fabulous red lips. She makes me smile....and so does this


Revlon model who has hit the jackpot with the perfect RED.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rita,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your kindness. I really appreciate it. I do hope you come back again soon. You're always welcome!

    Oh the magic of red lipstick...one of my all time favorite things I would have to say.
    LOVE it! Red is my favorite color for sure.
    ~Cute post!

    Have a blessed weekend.
    ~Warmly, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following along on my blog Rita!
    I'll do the same. Your blog is wonderful.
    It's so nice to meet new friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! Red lipstick is hard to were. I am not bold enough I don't think:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like red lipstick. I like it with a brownish tinge...Christine

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!