Friday, July 17, 2009

I Love This Idea

What a nifty little idea for a quick and simply table arrangement. An inexpensive hosta makes a fresh, green statement, and best yet, it's a hardy perennial that can be transplanted in your garden for years of enjoyment.

I use hostas to fill-in the blank spots in my shade garden. They make a great background for white impatients.

The plant is set in a frog and covered with moss. I'm not sure how long it would last without water, but to make it last longer I'd use a small butter tub, custard up, or bowl, and then disguise it with the moss. The silver/pewter tray makes a nice display.




Design and photo courtesy of Eddie Ross

1 comment:

  1. I love Eddie Ross ideas. I have always loved using real plants (usually in baskets) as centerpieces and then plant them when the party is over!
    You have a beautiful blog site!

    ReplyDelete

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!