Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Perfect Day

Part of being 'focused' is knowing the importance of finding joy in the simple things in life and remembering to always celebrate those moments (which by the way, I say should always involve cake).

Yesterday was a gift and a blessing. I spent the entire day with two very dear friends...sharing, shopping, smiling (with several outbreaks of thigh-slapping laughter). It was a long series of perfect moments. In fact, it took two celebrations ... carrot cake after lunch at Mimi's and a stop for cookies at Rick's.

I collect quotes (another blog/another day), and one of my favorites is "Life isn't perfect, but there are perfect moments in life". Isn't it tragic that too many people live a disappointed life? They forfeit the opportunity to live life at it's fullest because they expected life to be perfect...they are unable/unwilling to find the extraordinary in the ordinary. They miss out on the magical moments of life. Not me! I'm in it for the cake. Which reminds me of one of my favorite, albeit tacky, refrigerator magnets by Julia Junkin. It's a woman wearing a decorated cake on her head with the quote - "She wore a chocolate cake for a hat, just in case!" I think this little lady has perfected celebrating life's magicial blessings at a moment's notice.

"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful" Annette Funicello

Here's to friends...and cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this made you smile. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!